An invoice is a bill with a future payment date. As soon as an invoice is issued, it is considered a legal document and cannot be amended.
Set up invoices
You can set up invoices in your accounting configuration.
- Go to Main menu > Settings > Property.
- Click Accounting configuration.
- Under External payment types, make sure Invoice is selected.
- Under Default invoice counter, select the counter you want to be automatically applied to all future invoices.
- Under Invoice due interval, enter the number of days after an invoice is issued that payment should be received by.
- Under Invoice payment, select the accounting category you want to be automatically applied to all invoice payments.
- Under Options, select Receivable tracking enabled.
Issue an invoice
- Open the customer’s profile.
- Go to the Billing tab.
- Find the open bill you want to issue an invoice for.
- Review the invoice.
- Before you issue the invoice, you can change certain aspects of it (such as the due date, taxation date, and address). For more information about which aspects of an invoice can be updated, look at the detailed list below.
|Printer||If you want to automatically print the invoice when it's issued, select the printer.|
|Bill counter||Select the counter you want to use for numbering this invoice. Note: The default counter set up for invoices in your accounting configuration will be selected automatically.|
|Taxation date||Select the date that taxes will apply to the invoice.|
|Due date||Select the date that the invoice needs to be paid by. Note: A due date will be selected automatically, based on what your Invoice due interval is set to.|
|Unique identifier||Enter an identifying number for your external accounting software.|
|Informative currency||Select the currency that you want to be listed on the invoice.|
|Address||Enter the customer's billing address.|
|Notes||Enter any additional notes or information about the invoice.|