Set up accounting categories to track your revenue.
If you don't use an external accounting software
If you don't use an external accounting software, you don't need to set up any codes with your accounting category.
- Go to Main menu > Settings > Property.
- Click Accounting categories.
- Click the
- Enter the name of the accounting category.
- Under Code, you can enter a code for internal tracking in Commander.
If you use an external accounting software
If you have an external accounting software, you can set up additional codes to:
- Share accounting data in Commander with your external accounting software (and vice versa)
- Connect the accounting category to a cost center
- Use double-entry bookkeeping to keep track of your debits and credits
Recommended accounting categories
The International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) recommends the following accounting categories for tourism, hospitality, and leisure revenue reporting:
|Food and beverage||Breakfast