Before you can create a rate, you must create the rate group it belongs in.
- Go to Main menu > Settings > Services.
- Select your stay service.
- Click Rates.
- Click the
- Select the Enabled checkbox to make this rate available, or leave it unselected to make it available at a later time.
- Choose whether the rate should be public or private.
- Public rates are visible to anyone, and they can be booked through Commander and any connected channel.
- Private rates cannot be booked through Commander or Distributor unless connected to a voucher. Private rates may also be booked through distribution channels if mapped to a channel manager integration.
- Enter the rate details. See our reference article for an in-depth explanation of fields on this screen.
- After you create the rate, you can change the rate value using some additional fields:
- If the rate is not attached to a base rate, it will be created with a default currency, price, and tax rate. Update these fields with your desired selections.
- If the rate is attached to a base rate, you can set up the rate's value only in relation to the base rate (as either a relative or absolute adjustment).
- See our reference article for an in-depth explanation of these additional fields.