Mews Connector allows Commander to connect with local devices (such as printers, passport scanners, and key encoders), so commands can be sent directly from Mews to your devices.
Mews Connector should be installed on a computer that never shuts down. For example, many properties choose a back office computer where some of your other software runs. If the computer running Connector is shut down, the connector application will no longer work.
Step 1: Set up your Connector token
- Go to Main menu > Marketplace.
- In the Facility management section, find Mews Connector integration and click
- Complete the following fields:
- Select Enabled, and then click
Step 2: Download and install Connector
- Go to http://store.mews.li/ to download the Connector application.
- Find a file called Connector_InstallMewsConnector.exe in your downloads folder.
- Double-click on the file to run the Connector application.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete installation.
- If you're using Connector for door locks and key encoders, complete the following fields in your FIAS settings:
- Fias Server Port - Enter the port number of your door lock application (for Kaba Saflok, use 8265).
- Client Mode - Enable this if your door lock application expects Mews to act as the client instead of server (for Kaba Saflok, this must be enabled).
- Enabled - Select this if you are using FIAS.
Run multiple Connector integrations
If your property is part of a chain that has one central server for integrations (from all properties in the chain), follow these steps to run multiple Connector integrations from the same computer:
- Create a folder called Mews Connectors.
- Within this folder, create a sub-folder for one of the properties that needs a Connector integration (for example, "Property 1").
- Download Connector.
- Don't click
Download now—this will download the EXE version of the application. Instead, you should click
Show a list of update packages, and download the latest ZIP file.
- Don't click
- Select the download, and click
- You'll be prompted to select a destination to extract the files to—choose the sub-folder you created earlier.
- Find the file called MewsConnector (the file type will be Application), and create a desktop shortcut for it.
- Rename the desktop shortcut so that it mentions the property name (for example, "Property 1 Connector").
- Desktop shortcuts are the only way to differentiate between multiple Connector applications, so make sure you rename each one clearly.
- Run the Connector application.
- Click the Settings icon, then click
- Enter the Access token.
- Repeat these steps for the other properties you want to run Connector for from this computer.